Wednesday 9 April 2014

Bit of Bowldro

I've yet to squeeze enough free time to tie on yet, but the bouldering is coming on in
dribs and drabs.

A team was assembled to try some exciting stuff in Dyffryn Mymbyr, but a strong wind an occasional raindrop signaled an exodus to Coed Aberglaslyn to seek out a fabled boulder... Which was wet.
Some scratching around on the moor above found a few titbits, with Ben's ascent of this 6A! proving the highlight.



James on an exciting repeat, you can see Ben's outstretched fingertips as he spots!


Most recently I've visited Braichmelyn for the first time, as part of my commitment this year to slow down my scratching around and actually climb some classics. Once I'd found the place, I quickly came to appreciate A) how good these "classics" can be, B) how stiff old skool problems can be, and C) how old skool crimping quickly draws blood...

I was most impressed by Briachmelyn arete which I will return to, as although it fulfills A,B and C, and it only comprises of a couple of very morpho moves, its very good.....
It has so many useless holds that it lures you into a myriad of attempts at different combinations with the promise of "it'll go this time.." Until C of course. I think I have a sequence for next time, however!

That need satiated, I'm off to scratch an itch tomorrow on what might be this years big personal project.
Wish me luck (thats its any copp)

No comments:

Post a Comment