Wednesday 22 April 2020

The Lockdown Diaries - The Wishing Jar

The Wishing jar was an ideas my wife picked up to help the kids cope with lockdown. By looking forward to the future, and naming those things you want to do. The kids wrote these things down and popped them into the jar. After all this is over we're going to open the jar and work through the list. 
It's been a moody moo week and I haven't been psyched to train or interact that much with the outside world. I realised I have yet to put anything in the jar! 

1.
Go upto the Marchlyn boulder and bag a few more lines
Just before lockdown I bagged the first of the harder lines up there. This turned my mind from can't to can and I've been mulling over the remaining projects. Got to keep training if I want a chance though.. 

An alternative veiw up to Marchlyn from one of the walks near the house. I've struggled with this as I don't really do conventional, however there are some weird spots near my home. 

2.
Do all the coastal fist list blocs on the lleyn in a day
Through chats with other obsessives, I'd realised that although I'd almost completed all the inland bouldering cracks, I hadn't made a dent in the coastal's. The bloc's in question are sheep shelter, maneater, nefoedd wideboy and jellybowl crack. Only 2 are tidal and on opposite coasts, 2 hours between respective tides. All possible. 
A previous attempt on sheep shelter, I started in the wrong place. 

3.
Climb George's Crack and Pinocchio Crack and The Tosheroon 
I'm embarrassed I haven't succeeded on George's yet, basically I'm not flexible enough. Pinnochio Crack is a Pritchard offwidth with (I think) only 2 ascents, for this I need more bravery, and maybe some more in my toolbox hence this:
Always something new to learn 

The Tosheroon is my jabberwocky and I'm keen to slay it once and for all. Its awkward because you can't work sections, every attempt is ground (or bowels) up. 


So there we go. Three things in the wishing jar, three things to train, get flexible, and get sneaky for. 

What's in your wish jar? 

2 comments:

  1. I love the "wishing jar" concept :-D but can't you get a step ladder down to the Tosheroon roof crack so you can work sections?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I hadn't considered that. Might get some funny looks sauntering though the leafy suburbs of Benllech..

      Delete